Head Start programs can help families by:
- Learning about your state’s process and resources.
- Check your state’s timeline.
- Visit your state’s Medicaid and CHIP websites for resources and support.
- Sharing key information and messages with families.
- Show families how to update their contact information with their state’s Medicaid program, if needed.
- Encourage families to check their mail for an official letter with information about completing a renewal form and to submit it as soon as possible.
- Ask families if they would like help completing their renewal form. Remind them to report any changes to their address, phone number, email, household, job, income, disability status, or pregnancy.
- Making these resources available in your program and sharing them with families.
- Medicaid and CHIP Eligibility Renewals: A Communications Toolkit
This 21-page toolkit includes strategies to help inform people about steps to renew their coverage or find other health care choices.
- Preserving Medicaid and CHIP Coverage
Scroll down to the “State Unwinding Flyers” for state-specific posters in English and Spanish with phone numbers and websites for Medicaid and low-cost insurance options.
- Helping families who are no longer eligible for Medicaid find other types of free or low-cost insurance.
Send your questions and comments to the National Center on Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or (toll-free) 888-227-5125.